AC Problem

This is a discussion on AC Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was hoping I could maybe get some answers here. For starters: I have an 02 wrx with 68xxx miles, ...

AC Problem

I was hoping I could maybe get some answers here. For starters: I have an 02 wrx with 68xxx miles, completely stock.

My AC will work for about 2-3 mins, then go hot. I injected a 19 oz bottle of freon (spelling?) in, and it worked for 5 mins, then went hot again. The compressor seems to start and stop, when it tries to start again it appears to be rough, but someone has said that there could be a leak which is why the compressor is acting funny. Any ideas? Anything I can look for?

I have a warranty which says AC is covered. I just wanted to know what the possible problem is so I don't seem like an idiot when I take it to the dealer. Thanks in advance for replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i wish i had a warranty... i have a hole in my condencer! aka: dirving sucks in WI summer.

personally, i would not worry about sounding like an idiot. if you have a warranty, use it! thats the tech's job is to figure out the problem. just tell them what u said here. besides, i work at a dealership, and even if you do "know what your talking about" there is always gunna be someone else who thinks that you are wrong and think you are an idiot anyway. so i guess you could say its a lose - lose situation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ROHDEREX View Post
    i wish i had a warranty... i have a hole in my condencer! aka: dirving sucks in WI summer.

personally, i would not worry about sounding like an idiot. if you have a warranty, use it! thats the tech's job is to figure out the problem. just tell them what u said here. besides, i work at a dealership, and even if you do "know what your talking about" there is always gunna be someone else who thinks that you are wrong and think you are an idiot anyway. so i guess you could say its a lose - lose situation lol.
    Yeah, after reading through other AC threads for awhile I'm guessing its something with the expansion valve, but like you said, its the techs job to figure it out. Times like this I'm glad I went with the warranty after all since I debated it so much as I was buying it.