rpm rise but no speed grain

This is a discussion on rpm rise but no speed grain within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just have 2006 wrx with a full turbo back that i just installed recently. the car been run great ...

rpm rise but no speed grain

i just have 2006 wrx with a full turbo back that i just installed recently. the car been run great but i run into some kind of problem that each time i step in the gas the rpm rise but the car wont grain any speed...and the rpm keep rising up. i have warranties with the dealer till 80k so i can take it in to see watsup and i was wondering should i take off the dp when i bring it in? cuz i heard that dp will avoid my warranty

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Clutch = toast. Replace it.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Clutch = toast. Replace it.
    Yup,+1
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

a lil bit of clutch slippage eh!!!!
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

yep time for new clutch
    Blobeye Syndicate #614

Mods: TurboXS TBE, Defi gauges, ACT HD 6-puck clutch and Steetlight fly
    Pro tune from Matt at 555motorsports
    http://555motorsports.net/

Quote Originally Posted by t_wrex101 View Post
    i have warranties with the dealer till 80k so i can take it in to see watsup and i was wondering should i take off the dp when i bring it in? cuz i heard that dp will avoid my warranty
    The word you're looking for is "void."

You modified your car beyond stock power levels which resulted in damage to the drivetrain. Do you think it is honest/fair/reasonable to expect the dealership to honor your warranty when you have taken aggressive steps of your own to increase the wear and tear on the vehicle?

If you think the dealership should be held responsible for fixing your car even though you modified it beyond the stock power levels, then yes, you should take it back to stock and have them do the warranty work.

Do you think that you have reaped what you sowed and now you need to pay to play? Are you the kind of person who takes responsibility for his actions when they result in a negative outcome? If so, then you should just pay the money for a new clutch and store this in your collection of life lessons regarding car modification.

Modding a car isn't free, and increasing the engine output above stock has repercussions on the whole vehicle. If you think the dealership should foot the bill because you went stage 2, I think you will find the majority of ClubWRX members disagreeing with you.

why take it to the dealer to put a stock clutch on when your just going to break that as well. save yourself the time and trouble and just go buy an aftermarket stage 2 clutch
    Blobeye Syndicate #614

Mods: TurboXS TBE, Defi gauges, ACT HD 6-puck clutch and Steetlight fly
    Pro tune from Matt at 555motorsports
    http://555motorsports.net/

ok i think i might rant a little but i wanna keep it on topic.

First of all u own a WRX and u smoked the clutch nice one, two at the begining of this year i bought a 2002 WRX bc its my dream car but i bought it used and with no warranty i was like ok everything looked good so i didnt really worry to much but i had it for about a mounth and a half then on my way to work i just shut off. come to find out i was the main rod bearing had spun. list of broken **** (crank out of round, piston cracked and cylender wall scrached) anywho i had to end up and by a whole new motor for 2 grand ontop of my loan i took out for the car. Three i had a 97 chevy cavalier that i tunned up and i blew 4 trannys and 3 sets of axles and never once smoked a cluch so nice going.

ohh by the way just replace the clutch urself its easy well at least for me and when u get the new clutch get ur flywheel turned down bc u probly heated that up too if u smoked the clutch.
    Last edited by vttk_mig69; 06-22-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    The word you're looking for is "void."

You modified your car beyond stock power levels which resulted in damage to the drivetrain. Do you think it is honest/fair/reasonable to expect the dealership to honor your warranty when you have taken aggressive steps of your own to increase the wear and tear on the vehicle?

If you think the dealership should be held responsible for fixing your car even though you modified it beyond the stock power levels, then yes, you should take it back to stock and have them do the warranty work.

Do you think that you have reaped what you sowed and now you need to pay to play? Are you the kind of person who takes responsibility for his actions when they result in a negative outcome? If so, then you should just pay the money for a new clutch and store this in your collection of life lessons regarding car modification.

Modding a car isn't free, and increasing the engine output above stock has repercussions on the whole vehicle. If you think the dealership should foot the bill because you went stage 2, I think you will find the majority of ClubWRX members disagreeing with you.
    You're missing the main point here though Tim. Since it's the clutch, i.e. a wearable component, no warranty is going to cover it anyway!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    You're missing the main point here though Tim. Since it's the clutch, i.e. a wearable component, no warranty is going to cover it anyway!
    Eh...I've heard of clutches being replaced under warranty. My dad had one done on his Forester back in 2002. I know what you're saying, it's like warrantying the gasoline in the tank because "zomg it ran out!" but at the same time if a clutch dies well within the expected lifespan, it's no unheard of to have it replaced.