Brake question

This is a discussion on Brake question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just put ebc slotted and dimpled rotors and new oem front pads on, when my windows are down and ...

Brake question

I just put ebc slotted and dimpled rotors and new oem front pads on, when my windows are down and i hit the brakes i noticed a rubbing sound is this normal for new brakes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure why you would upgrade the rotors and not the pads.Anyhoo did you bed in the pads?Also did you clean and regrease all the moving componants of the brakes?Usually I clean the slide pins and the caliper brackets and regrease them.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

is there any posibility that there is something stuck between the pad and the rotor?

What exactly do you mean there's a rubbing sound? Brakes work by rubbing two parts together so a rubbing sound could be normal, especially if the pads haven't bedded yet. How many miles since the swap?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

i just did it friday so maybe like 100-150...

what exactaly do you mean "bedded", and do you think its a big deal that i replaced my old pads with the oem ones from the dealer and upgraded the rotors? i thought i did ok with the oem ones i got 40k out of them

Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806 View Post
    what exactaly do you mean "bedded", and do you think its a big deal that i replaced my old pads with the oem ones from the dealer and upgraded the rotors? i thought i did ok with the oem ones i got 40k out of them
    So you put brand new OEM pads and brand new aftermarket rotors on all at the same time?

Did you follow the manufacturer's recommended steps for seasoning the brake rotors? There is more to a brake job than throwing the parts on and calling it a day...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806 View Post
    StopTech : Balanced Brake Upgrades

Upgraded pads like Hawk HPS would definatly made a nice performance difference in braking especially under "spirited" conditions.I got over 60K on a set with plenty to go.
    Last edited by Donkey; 06-23-2008 at 02:18 PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I did follow what the Manuel said about breakin h them in I was just trying to see if anyone else had the same problem I did with the werid n noise. And I wish I got different pads but I'm kinda stuck with these ones now cause I paid a lot of money for them regrettably so I'm not going to rush out and buy another set.

I did follow what the Manuel said about breakin h them in I was just trying to see if anyone else had the same problem I did with the werid n noise. And I wish I got different pads but I'm kinda stuck with these ones now cause I paid a lot of money for them regrettably so I'm not going to rush out and buy another set.

i had my bro look at it ( he is a mechanic) and he said everythings fine the sound is just the slotted rotors