2002 WRX. Decompression sound every 25 seconds.

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX. Decompression sound every 25 seconds. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I just bought a 2002 WRX a couple weeks ago and recently i've noticed that exactly every 25 seconds ...

2002 WRX. Decompression sound every 25 seconds.

Hey, I just bought a 2002 WRX a couple weeks ago and recently i've noticed that exactly every 25 seconds there's a short sound that sounds like air being expelled. Is this normal? If not, any ideas what it might be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok, so after reading the site for awhile I'm just gonna go ahead and guess that it's the blow out valve. I'm such a nOOb.

Hope to get to know you all soon.

Anyone else here from Saskatchewan?

Could it possibly be your a/c compressor cutting on or off?

possibly?

That might make sense because I think the first time I heard it was when I turned the A/C on for the first time. I usually have my music on pretty loud though.

I've been driving a 1995 GMC Jimmy for the last 6 years so it's my first time with a turbo vehicle. I've been reading up alot on how to care for it properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ok yeah. I did a search of A/C compressor and that's definetly it. Glad that it's not a problem!

Thanks for the help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]