Driver's Side Door Problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Driver's Side Door Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright so I've got a 2003 WRX Wagon. I picked it up about two months ago from a local dealer. ...

Question Driver's Side Door Problem

Alright so I've got a 2003 WRX Wagon. I picked it up about two months ago from a local dealer. Everything was great until recently I noticed the window on the driver's side was sticking a little bit going up and down. After awhile it started to leave oily... and very sticky... streaks all over the window. (Can provide pix if needed)

Looking at it, seems like something inside the door that was very sticky made contact with the window and pulled part of a seal (i believe?) up with it. Now when unlocking/locking/opening the door, it sticks about 30% of the time and I've got to lock, and unlock it again to get into the car. It never does it when opening the door from the inside though.

I don't dare roll the window up/down anymore for fear of ruining something else, or simply making things worse...

I sat down and took a look at the door to see how the panel might come off so I could at least see what is happening (Hoping it's simple). I noticed the obvious screws by the handles on the door. I didn't investigate beyond unscrewing those to see what they loosened up.

Hoping somebody here may have already showed (pix) how to take the door panel off, or could simply tell me how to do it in detail. Any help with this would be very appreciated!
    Last edited by Ice[DDZ]; 06-18-2008 at 05:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey mate sounds like it could be the plastic trim on the inside of the door sticking to the glass as this is stuck on with a sticky glue like stuff.
    the glass is guided buy four felt slides and a runner at the front and back of the glass and two bolts in the centre attaching the window motor to the glass .
    you will need a phillips head screw driver a flat screw driver,plyers to take the trim off to have a look inside.
    you will need to pop off the little trim with the window buttons on it as there are some screws under it.
    there is a screw in the handle you will need to take out and then try to side the handle forward or backward it should release there will be a rod on the back of the handle you will need to remove.there is a screw at the bottow of the hand pocket where you shut the door
    maybe some screws at the bottom if not the rest should be cliped on you will need to pull at the trim to pop it off the bottom and the sides should pop off if there are no screws left.
    then you will have to tap it up with your hand and the trim should come off. good luck

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.