Fuel Door Problem

This is a discussion on Fuel Door Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My Fuel door will not open when I pull the release. Someone has to pull the release while I put ...

Fuel Door Problem

My Fuel door will not open when I pull the release. Someone has to pull the release while I put pressure on the fuel door to open it.

I am thinking the spring has gone bad.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by c2bcoolwrx View Post
    My Fuel door will not open when I pull the release. Someone has to pull the release while I put pressure on the fuel door to open it.

I am thinking the spring has gone bad.

Any suggestions?
    Check the latch/retention mechanism on the door. It could be misaligned or damaged or improperly installed. Was the car hit on that side?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Check the latch/retention mechanism on the door. It could be misaligned or damaged or improperly installed. Was the car hit on that side?
    I have looked at the latch and it did seem a little bent...I tried changing its position but it did not solve the problem.

There are a few minor scratches by my fuel door, kinda looks like someone was tring to siphon my gas (or so my buddy stated). Kinda makes sense with gas costing so much.