Is it a tune up I need?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Is it a tune up I need? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I live in Aus. and bought a '98 WRX 4 months ago. The car is virtually stock except ...

Is it a tune up I need?

Hey guys,

I live in Aus. and bought a '98 WRX 4 months ago. The car is virtually stock except for a catback pipe and a turbo timer and after market cruise control. Anyways, tonight I was driving and slowing down to the lights and it changed green so I started to accelerate again and the guy at the light (some Commodore) tried keeping up. My problem is that when I was accelerating from 3rd to 4th the car juttered/jerked, it did it twice then not again. I find it happens when I just plant it rather than build up my speed and so my dad said it might be that the car needs a tune up because too much fuel is being pumped through with the air. I'm not an expert when it comes to cars so any help or advice is appreciated!!

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

car could have fouled, deteriorated spark plugs... Or a bad coil pack. Or also the MAF could be at fault, This symptom could come from many things, these are just the most common. You could even have somthing like EGR flowing when it is not supposed to be ( EGR should never flow at WOT or Idle )
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.