Jerking problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Jerking problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I bought a 98 wrx wagon last year and it has been running sweet until one month ago when ...

Jerking problem

Hey, I bought a 98 wrx wagon last year and it has been running sweet until one month ago when it started to jerk through the gears.

The engine is pretty stock other then a pod filter and a b.o.v. Throughout all the gears if I'm just cruising it will start to jerk almost as if the engine is hesitating. It's really annoying and if I give some accelerator it pulls fine. It's only when I'm trying to maintain a steady speed that it sort of bucks.

I'm wondering if it's the clutch or the engine? Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I used to have a jerking problem, but I found a good support group and now with weekly meetings I am able to keep it under control.

Seriously though...I would wonder if the BOV was leaking or causing problems. Do a search man, they're a bad first mod for your car. Even if it is something not related to the BOV, replacing the BOV with the stock valve will yield better performance and help eliminate one variable that is usually associated with hesitation/poor driving characteristics.
    Last edited by Timdog1650; 06-10-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Yeah I put the standard valve back on and it didn't make any difference to the bucking.

And I did join a support group... but seeing all those old men just made the problem worse.

Quote Originally Posted by t-wack123 View Post
    Yeah I put the standard valve back on and it didn't make any difference to the bucking.

And I did join a support group... but seeing all those old men just made the problem worse.

I would take a look at your mass air sensor, plug wires, spark plugs, fuel filter, and possibly run a bottle of injector cleaner through the gas tank. It could be something in the transmission but more than likely it's a problem in one of the engine systems. There is a link in my sig. about how to troubleshoot hesitation...it's 02/03 specific but is worthwhile for any model car.

Are there any trouble codes saved in the ECU?

Cheers bro I'll have a look. Thanks for the help

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.