Radiator fan VS. hose

This is a discussion on Radiator fan VS. hose within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ...and the hose loses every single time. After a few hoses, including a samco, and a new Koyo to replace ...

Radiator fan VS. hose

...and the hose loses every single time. After a few hoses, including a samco, and a new Koyo to replace the stock plastic radiator piece of isht, I have come to the conclusion that there is a major design flaw in the cooling system of my car. Yes, the slim fans are on their way.
    Now I'm having a new problem. Today I'm driving and judging by my dash temp. the new radiator is doing exactly what it said it would do. I pull up to a...nice, long, light, and after a while, the temp starts going up??? It got to about 3/4's to the top(panic) before I got going, so I pulled over after it cooled way down again, idled, and sure enough it went up.

Does that sound like a thermostat problem, or am I missing something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump because someone has had, or knows of someone fixing an overheating while idling engine.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailerTrashed View Post
    Today I'm driving and judging by my dash temp. the new radiator is doing exactly what it said it would do. I pull up to a...nice, long, light, and after a while, the temp starts going up??? It got to about 3/4's to the top(panic) before I got going, so I pulled over after it cooled way down again, idled, and sure enough it went up.
    Did you burp the system when installing the new radiator? If not, search for burping instructions and take your time, there's often lots of air in there.

Does that sound like a thermostat problem, or am I missing something?
    On its own it sounds like both are possible, but since you changed the radiator my money's on burping.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 06-11-2008 at 12:01 PM.