exhaust and cops!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on exhaust and cops! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i got stopped at a spot check today and the cop started looking at my magnaflow catback, and luckily he ...

exhaust and cops!

i got stopped at a spot check today and the cop started looking at my magnaflow catback, and luckily he didnt have his decibal meter but he will most likely keep busting my balls... what do i do because my exhaust sounds good and i dont feel like buying a new one

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jeffalbert121 View Post
    i got stopped at a spot check today and the cop started looking at my magnaflow catback, and luckily he didnt have his decibal meter but he will most likely keep busting my balls... what do i do because my exhaust sounds good and i dont feel like buying a new one
    use a lighter foot when ur in town.....
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Keep it clean

I got nailed for a loud exhaust in my previous car and it wasn't that loud it all.

Bottom line is it's illegal. You can whine about it all you want, but the law is the law and short of getting a silencer put on or an extra cat to quiet it... you're screwed if you get cited.

Don't get me wrong, I love the throaty roar of the subie... but instead of complaining.. do your research next time before you mod your car.

The cops are always gonna crack down on tuners weather it's window tint, aftermarket lights, or exhaust noise.

Rise above my young brotha... rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffalbert121 View Post
    trade someone for a quieter exhaust
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Move to New Hampshire.
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

Is it a turbo back with no cats? Cause mine is very loud been stopped once. I just make sure i keep off the rpms when seeing a cop.

there's no magical answer, if it's loud there's not much to do aside from replacing it.

Ive always been honest when it comes to getting pulled over. I tell the cop my exhaust is to loud and my windows are to dark. Most of the time it works, they respect young honest people.

nah uh i would not say anything bout my car if i had tint and a loud exhaust. i'd just agree with him if he did tell me
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Just ignore them when they try to pull you over... works every time...

....none of the time.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.