CV joint gone bad need help fast!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CV joint gone bad need help fast! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i am almost 100 percent sure that my cv joint is gone bad in the front right. It ticks ...

CV joint gone bad need help fast!

So i am almost 100 percent sure that my cv joint is gone bad in the front right. It ticks when ever i take left turns now. It used to only click with u turns. However, i have to commute to school, and im wondering if it is ok to do so. It clicks even when i make slight left turns now and also how much is this going to cost to repair, any estimates?

-Thanks!
    2002 bugeye - R.I.P
    2008 hatch - Perrin stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

probably around 1.5 hours labor, so depending on shop labor this could be say 100-175 bucks labor if shop labor is similar there as it is around where I live. The axle price I about 85 bucks on average I think. So figure 200-275 bucks after tax... Thats just a rough estimate, sorry if it ends up alittle different.
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

CV joints can fall apart once the bearings wear enough that they aren't holding it together any more. Picture the driveshaft flying around at several hundred RPM. What do you think it will do to the car?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

i have a somehing like that... every time i turn right some thing rattles. And the dealership looked at and said it was the steering column so they changed it through the warranty and it still does it… could it be the cv joints?

mine just took a dump, i have had the clicking chirp noise.
    i thought it was my bushings. so i bought new bushings. i was going to put them in this week when i smelt a funny smell on the freeway. looked under the hood and saw the gear oil spun all over in there. right side too,

i am just going to buy springs and tear into it this weekend. replace everything down there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.