04 WRX putting out smoke - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 04 WRX putting out smoke within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Update: I took my WRX to a Subaru Dealer Thursday morning. They were rude to me, and have had my ...

Update: I took my WRX to a Subaru Dealer Thursday morning. They were rude to me, and have had my car ever since without calling me once. I've called several times, gotten the voicemail of the man I am working with, and he has not called back. I know he is there because every time I call they say he's at his desk. This is the worst car service I have ever experienced, and I am tempted to just go pick it up and take it somewhere else. Hope everyone else has had better experiences with Subaru Service Depts. then I have...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You win some you lose some. It happens man, the only thing you can be is nice, they do have you car. Do you know what kinda test they are going to do.

Yes, I FINALLY got a hold of the man at the end of the day. Apparently they've done nothing but drive my car around to make sure I wasn't just seeing things when I reported the smoke....and they're planning on pulling the turbo tomorrow to check the seals....which is all i asked them to do in the first place....on Thursday.

Good luck with it keep us posted

My father spoke to them today and the turbo checked out....the man told him that they're going to check "a few more things" and i SHOULD have it back tomorrow. He failed to mention what those things were. Everyone is starting to doubt the fact that the smoke ever happened....i'm starting to look like an idiot.

coolant system checked out
    turbo checked out

still smoke....i'm getting grey hairs

alright i got her back today and here's the deal.

nothing was wrong. they quite literally took the engine apart and checked everything. it was just a weird happening. so they cleaned everything up (injectors, lines, ect.) flushed all the fluids and it stopped smoking. So hopefully that's the end of the story. just needed a good summer cleaning.

thanks for everything guys.

Sometimes the mind plays games on you. Keep an eye on all your fluid levels. Good luck

Registered User BostonExecution's Avatar
    Hey,

No car guru here but if you saw smoke then keep an eye on it very closly. You said the color was grey/white smoke which is good, atleast its not blue in color. Good luck with you car, what did the dealership soak you for, (cleaning all that), and also I live in Boston and have never had any good luck with Subaru dearlerships, finding a good mechanic/dearlership is so hard esp when they charge you 75-100 dollars an hour. I had an S4 six months ago and I sold my Audi (which I loved) because it was breaking all the effing time and the dearlerships around me start at 110 per hour. I love my Subaru and have had very little problems so far. Good luck

ha the only good news is that I got them to do all of the work for free. I went to the owner (who happened to be in that day) and told him about the poor service AND the fact that they somehow managed 260 miles on my car in 4 days. After calculating what I should have been charged on the bill, it would have been about 650-700 dollars worth of work, but i got it for free.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.