Dimmer Switch, No Gauge lights

This is a discussion on Dimmer Switch, No Gauge lights within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, Apparently my dimmer switch is on the fritz for my gauges. It was working normally until a few days ...

Dimmer Switch, No Gauge lights

Hello,

Apparently my dimmer switch is on the fritz for my gauges. It was working normally until a few days ago, the car is all stock, and I did nothing to cause the lights to go down, it does have a factory boost gauge. Also, the brights and fog lights also go out randomly. When you pull the brights stick back it will flash the brights, but a loud click comes out from the dash on the passenger side. Could there potentially be a problem with the turbo gauge if it splices into the factory power source? Decent recommendations on wiring diagrams? I have another post up as well due to a CEL-misfire in cylinder 1. If you can help me on either one, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by keldridge View Post
    Hello,

Apparently my dimmer switch is on the fritz for my gauges. It was working normally until a few days ago, the car is all stock, and I did nothing to cause the lights to go down, it does have a factory boost gauge. Also, the brights and fog lights also go out randomly. When you pull the brights stick back it will flash the brights, but a loud click comes out from the dash on the passenger side. Could there potentially be a problem with the turbo gauge if it splices into the factory power source? Decent recommendations on wiring diagrams? I have another post up as well due to a CEL-misfire in cylinder 1. If you can help me on either one, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    Hello there mate, I guess after 2 years there is already an update with regards to your problem in here. My friend is now having the same problem and i am currently helping her on this. Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by clarkandrew45; 03-25-2011 at 07:46 PM.