Radiator fans work together?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Radiator fans work together? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; We have an '03 WRX with a minor cooling problem developing. My question is do both fans kick on at ...

Radiator fans work together?

We have an '03 WRX with a minor cooling problem developing. My question is do both fans kick on at the same time? It appears only 1 fan is working. I've tried it with and without the A/C running and the driver side fan will not turn on.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would think they should both come on at the same time.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Can anyone validate this.. maybe go start up the car and see for me? I'd be your best friend!

Well nevermind all.. fixed our problem with a 5 cent part

Looking at the wiring diagram I realized I skipped the most important part of troubleshooting electrical components.. checking the fuse! The main motor fan fuse was blown. I'm guessing that explains our overheating issues.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by svtcobra281 View Post

Looking at the wiring diagram I realized I skipped the most important part of troubleshooting electrical components.. checking the fuse! The main motor fan fuse was blown. I'm guessing that explains our overheating issues.
    haha so often the case. Nice job!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

hey could you tell where this fuse is located, is it in the common fusebox? I have the same problem and even getting overheated sometimes.

On my '02 wrx the only time both fans come on is when the AC is on. Just for some information.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

thanks for info! uhm,left or right is for AC? on my wrx 2002 only one is on at all times, the left one, it turns off when i turn off AC but sometimes works also when AC is not on.

It seems I may have been mistaken... I went out and checked and BOTH fans run when engine gets hot and it's the HIGH SPEED that comes on when AC is on...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

We have an '03 WRX with a minor cooling problem developing. My question is do both fans kick on at the same time? It appears only 1 fan is working. I've tried it with and without the A/C running and the driver side fan will not turn on.

Any help is appreciated.
    im a new member, hello everyone mine does the same thing, except mine looks like it hasn't been plugged in for some time, an my check engine light is on as well,

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.