Car bogging at idle please help!!!!

This is a discussion on Car bogging at idle please help!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys i have an 02 wrx with 70,000 miles on it, when i turn the car on it begins ...

Car bogging at idle please help!!!!

Hey guys i have an 02 wrx with 70,000 miles on it, when i turn the car on it begins to bog and almost is about to die, it does this mostly when the car is at an idle after it hasn't been driven for a couple of hours. after the car warms up it doesn't seem to do it anymore. I work at toyota and scanned it using OBDII and pulled a code stating the car was running rich. It is really bugging me so please any suggestions of what it may be or what i should check are greatly appreciated thanks. by the way the car used to bog the whole time driving it, but since i replaced the MAF, the car only does it when it isnt warmed up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do u have a blow off valve?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Just the stock blow off valve

I Support ClubWRX
    What helps is when you list all your engine mods. When did it start acting like this?Have you pulled the sparkplugs and checked them (gap)?Have you tried cleaning the throttlebody and IAC valve?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

The car is stock besides the exhaust. it has an up and down pipe but thats it. no other engine mods. the code pulled was a p0172. system running rich.

no donkey, i have not yet tried those things u listed, but i will. I am hoping it is a cheap fix!

Quote Originally Posted by jimenezp View Post
    The car is stock besides the exhaust. it has an up and down pipe but thats it. no other engine mods. the code pulled was a p0172. system running rich.
    Click the link in my signature about diagnosing misfires.

If I were you I would focus on the MAF, plugs, injectors, and finally the O2 Sensor. One of those is almost certainly the culprit.

Thanks timdog u seem to be a lot of help around the forums i appreciate it. Ill definately check into everything u have said thanks.

Hey I also have an 02 that seems to do the same. I am def. running rich but I have a turbo xs blow off and 3 in. cat back exhaust...post up if you figure out what your problem was! thanks!

What engine tuning are you using to support the exhaust mods?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading