Gasoline
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gasoline within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not sure how things are in the rest of the US, but a lot of the gas pumps in Vermont ...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Gasoline

Not sure how things are in the rest of the US, but a lot of the gas pumps in Vermont are now reading "10% ethanol" - I have been told by lots of people this is causing CEL issues. Will this cause an issue for a WRX?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    NY has the same thing - 10% ethanol

I haven't gotten a CEL in the 13 months I've had my car
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

We've had 10% around here for a while...No ill effects on the rex or my 4Runner thus far.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

most have been running it for many years but your average customer didnt know what that was until recently. Its all advertising crap to get you to think their gas is better quality.
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i havent had any problems. we have the same 10% stuff in florida

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

We have had it in Milwaukee for years now, it's supposed to help the environment. When it first came out people were saying it was blowing up their engines, etc. But I haven't heard anything about it for years now. It does make your engine run a little crummy though. I can really tell on my motorcycle when I put in the good ol' gas compared to the 10% ethanol stuff.

It's just a way of selling you less fuel for the same volume of liquid. I think it's bullshoot. They should either sell e85 or petroleum...I don't want my gas (and therefore fuel efficiency) watered down with alcohol, I don't care what the benefits of it are. If I wanna run alcohol, that's what I'll purchase. When I fill up at a regular pump, I want regular gas. Stupid bureaucratic corn subsidies....*grumble grumble*

I believe it helps get more $$ out of our pockets because it's more expensive to process.

here in NE 10% ethanol is ALWAYS cheaper than the regular. I fill up at a place with 90 octane 10% ethanol. I figure in my fairly un-modded state, 90 octane @ 30 cents cheaper a gallon over 91 premium is the way to go.

Only thing i notice when i put real 91 in is slightly better gas mileage. Though not worth the extra 30 cents a gallon (usually only 1mpg)

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    here in NE 10% ethanol is ALWAYS cheaper than the regular. I fill up at a place with 90 octane 10% ethanol. I figure in my fairly un-modded state, 90 octane @ 30 cents cheaper a gallon over 91 premium is the way to go.

Only thing i notice when i put real 91 in is slightly better gas mileage. Though not worth the extra 30 cents a gallon (usually only 1mpg)
    Saying you get cheap ethanol in Nebraska is like saying Saudi Arabians get cheap gasoline...

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Saying you get cheap ethanol in Nebraska is like saying Saudi Arabians get cheap gasoline...
    do they though?

Yeah, they do. Gas in saudi arabia is under $1.00(US)/gallon. Same with Venezuela. I dunno, the only reason I said that is because if I had to think of a state where a corn produced biofuel was readily available for cheap, it would probably be Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Yeah, they do. Gas in saudi arabia is under $1.00(US)/gallon. Same with Venezuela. I dunno, the only reason I said that is because if I had to think of a state where a corn produced biofuel was readily available for cheap, it would probably be Nebraska.
    including transportation and tarriffs and whatnot how does that translate in $4?

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    Here in IL we have had 10% ethanol for years. I can't remember the last time I saw a pump here that didn't have at least a 10% mixture and its cheaper. I have never had a problem running it in my car.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    including transportation and tarriffs and whatnot how does that translate in $4?
    What?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.