Help!!!

This is a discussion on Help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First of all, I am an idiot.....I know Ive lost my keys for my 04 wrx. It has an alarm ...

Help!!!

First of all, I am an idiot.....I know

Ive lost my keys for my 04 wrx. It has an alarm and when I try to open the car with my spare set the alarm sounds, wont shut off, and wont let me start the car. I m thinking the only thing now might be to get it towed and get a new key pod thing programmed to the alarm system?

Here are all the things Ive tried:
    ignition on and off 5 times
    cruise control switch a few times
    unhook battery (even with someone in the car when it is locked and have them try to start it)......alarm sounds right away.

There is a mess of wiring under the steering column and I have not been able to find any sort of switch. Right now I;m stuck with my wrx that I have keys for but cant drive....its pretty lame. Any help is most appreciated. Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is all the help I can offer. It looks like you already tried this method.

Subaru Keyless Entry, Security Alarm, Immobilizer Key, Remote Start Systems. Most years and models

check out #7. Try going past on to start (like you normally would), I'd say do that and post back the results.

What type of alarm do you have?
    I know with most viper alarms there is a button which you can push while you turn the ignition that will deactivate the alarm.
    Not sure about other brands..

Quote Originally Posted by carveit3 View Post
    What type of alarm do you have?
    I know with most viper alarms there is a button which you can push while you turn the ignition that will deactivate the alarm.
    Not sure about other brands..

yea mine has one too. it's under the dash. i have a prestige. good for out here, evevry one has vipers there easier to break into..
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP