Mystery problem

This is a discussion on Mystery problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright I'll try this again. On Friday I was heading down to the SF bay area from Sacramento. I was ...

Mystery problem

Alright I'll try this again. On Friday I was heading down to the SF bay area from Sacramento. I was going from 80 to I-5 then it happened. She started limping, tach bouncing from 1800 to 3000 rpm, check engine light on and cruise flashing. I putted to the first exit and pulled into the first gas station. I checked the coolant first, it was low so I added more. Then the oil, I know, it wouldn't be too accurate since I had just shut her down but it showed to be full. I also checked the gas cap, made sure to click it enuf, The check engine light had come on in my tC when there was a prob. with the gas cap and once when I hadn't clicked it at least 3x. I know, I know I shoulda had her towed or limped to the nearest mechanic but I called my bro. When I started her back up it wouldn't turn over at first but then it fired up, the rough idle was gone but, of course the C.E. and cruise lights stayed on, and he told me to go ahead and bring her down, just take it easy. I got to 580 and pulled over at the first gas station and checked everything again, she fired up no problem, lights still on. I finally made it down there. I met up with my friends and she was sitting fer about 5 hrs. I came back out she started up and the C.E. and cruise lights were no longer on?!?! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    List modifications.

List CEL codes after going to Autozone and using their code scanner for free to read them.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Zero mod's bone stock '06 wrx. And I'll take your advice and hit up an autozone or pepboys.

Since it's still under warranty, just take it to the dealer and let them figure it out!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading