05 wrx a/c help

This is a discussion on 05 wrx a/c help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i turn on the A/C via the button on the dash, just like normal, and when i went too ...

05 wrx a/c help

So i turn on the A/C via the button on the dash, just like normal, and when i went too this time, i heard a hissing from under dash. no a/c coming out, just hot air. The compressor is engaging but no cold air, just the hissing noise from under the dash. Any help would be great, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did this happen all at once? I.E. yesterday it worked perfectly fine, and then today it doesn't work at all?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Did this happen all at once? I.E. yesterday it worked perfectly fine, and then today it doesn't work at all?
    I just purchased the car. The A/C blew cold at the dealer, but its been cold out until today so i havnt been running it, i was pretty sure it was fine. The car is completely stock and everything is great on it.

Quote Originally Posted by idrum2loud View Post
    I just purchased the car. The A/C blew cold at the dealer, but its been cold out until today so i havnt been running it, i was pretty sure it was fine. The car is completely stock and everything is great on it.
    Take it back to the dealer immediately and get that looked at. You should have at least a 30 day warranty on the car since you bought it from a dealer.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading