HIDs turn on Radio signal Lost ???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HIDs turn on Radio signal Lost ??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok this sounds absolutely rediculous...I installed my HIDs yesterday, disconnected the yellow plug behind the glove box. now, i have ...

HIDs turn on Radio signal Lost ???

ok this sounds absolutely rediculous...I installed my HIDs yesterday, disconnected the yellow plug behind the glove box.

now, i have my radio on cruising around, it starts to get dark so i turn on my headlights. BAM! no radio signal. turn my lights off, and its back.

So, what can be the issue here? i have never seen any thing like this in my 6 years of car experience

Jay

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HID's Raido

I have a similar problem actually. When my HID's are on FM radio reception is reduced or interfered with. No effect on AM. I have stock radio 06 WRX.
    2006 WRX Limited Sedan Crystal Grey
    Cobb/Hotchkiss/Whiteline suspension, 17x8 MB Gear wheels, 245/40 BF g-Force rubber, B&M short shifter/limited WRX knob, Element Tuning catless DP, EZR CBE, Cusco front/rear stress bars and rear STI diffuser, SPT intake, Redline tranny fluid. StageII Protuned.
    Next: NEW TURBO!

I have a similiar problem. i have the stock 05 radio. My radio plays its just alittle static. Yesterday my driver side ballast started making a loud noise, and the blub is strobing like crazy. i checked all my connections and they seem fine. I also checked to see if they had got water in them. i have to wait for my email back from the company.
    Blobeye Syndicate #26

'05 2.0l WRX, 245awhp, 243awtq. Cobb Stage 2

well im glad that im not the only one having this issue...Im not glad that its happening though

anyway, the antenna wire or something like that must be close to the headlight power wire...thats all i can think of.
    i HATE static though, so i need a solution for this.
    any ideas???

Jay

bump
    anyone get any info on this

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.