HID: every install fails??? Need HELP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HID: every install fails??? Need HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have read every way to install HIDs on my 04. plug behind glovebox, plug in engine bay on passenger ...

Exclamation HID: every install fails??? Need HELP

i have read every way to install HIDs on my 04.
    plug behind glovebox, plug in engine bay on passenger strut tower.

still nothing. i checked the bulbs and ballast and both are good and working. i checked headlight fuses, they are good and working. i even replaced with OEM bulb(h1) and it is good and working. SO, why cant i get my HIDs to work?

i got them to flicker when switching between off and on(lights) and thats it.

i even tried with the e-brake up and down, car on and off, switch on steering colum on and off. Still NOTHING

Any help would be great
    Thanks,
    Jay

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Boy, what in the world is you talkin' bout?!

Sounds like you're asking how to disable your daytime running lights. The only right way to do this is to pull your glove box out and pull the yellow plug back there. There's a thread about that on Scoobymods I believe.

As far as how they're wired, could you go step by step how you installed them in the first place? It's a super easy install since for the most part you just have to remove the factory harness pins from the plastic clip and mount them in the HID clips. Plug that into your ballast and it's mostly straight shooting from there...

well basically what i gathered from the write ups i was reading is that to have HIDs installed u have to disable your DTRL

anyway,.the company i got them from mis colored the power and ground. as far as i know, red is always power and black is always ground. well not in this case.

So, all in all, they are installed and look amazing

Jay

In my 04 WRX the wires going to the bulb had reversed polarities. I plugged red into red and black into black and they didnt work. When I switched them, bingo!

I bet thats your problem, almost every HID install thread on here results in switching the polarity. Good luck!
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Mine were fine, as far as polarity. And unplugging the resistor box on the pass. strut tower worked fine for me, as well..

I guess try the polarity thing..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    And unplugging the resistor box on the pass. strut tower worked fine for me, as well..
    As far as I'm concerned, reaching up in the glovebox is just as easy and then you don't have open connections hanging around in your engine bay, exposed to water, dirt, oil, etc. I'm gonna search and see if I can't find a picture of what you unplug...

Edit:

Read post 8 of this thread for why just doing it in the engine bay is not good enough

Need help with DRL - NASIOC

For MY06 (think it works on all years actually...):

HOW TO: Disable Daytime Running Lights on '06 - NASIOC

Nasioc's HID FAQ:

The HID FAQ Thread - Read before posting your questions - NASIOC

This is for if/when you quit and decide to let a professional do it:

HIDtech.com
    Last edited by Timdog1650; 05-26-2008 at 07:54 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    good info, Tim..

Not disputing, but mine has been disconnected at the resistor box for over a year. I also put electronic grease in the plugs, then capped them off, so they remain clean.

I also have had HID conversion for some time, now, with no issues. The later years may not be so 'forgiving', but my MY02 seems to be fine with it.

I just never did do the glovebox unplug.. Maybe one day, if I have that area of the dash open, again.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

yeah, i got everything working fine...i made another post about my other issue.

my radio has no signal when i turn my HIDs on, but it worked fine before i installed them with the lights on.
    any ideas?

im am completely on this one.

Jay

When you say it has no signal, do you mean your reception dies or do you mean that the headunit is not sending a signal to the speakers? Can you still play a CD perfectly fine with the lights on?

no reception. cd works great still. no probs with that.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.