engline light and cruise control flash...

This is a discussion on engline light and cruise control flash... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2006 WRX limited... recently ive been experiencing some problems. when i get into 3rd and 4th gear and push it ...

engline light and cruise control flash...

2006 WRX limited...

recently ive been experiencing some problems. when i get into 3rd and 4th gear and push it hard to around 5500 my turbo seemingly shuts down then respools. my engine also sputters almost shutting down thes rebuilds rpm's. when this happens my check engine light comes on and my cruise control light flashes. this light show stays on for about 2 days then shuts off.

HELP!!!!

aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a misfire, I would start by checking your spark plugs and coil packs. Make sure everything's still connected tight
    2004 Aspen White STi Mac Tuned Stage 2 *304whp/345wtq* (SOLD)
    2003 WRB WRX: VF30'd w/ XPT tune (TRADED!)
    2002 Berlina Black S2000: Mugen Exhaust (GONE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thejenk View Post
    2006 WRX limited...

recently ive been experiencing some problems. when i get into 3rd and 4th gear and push it hard to around 5500 my turbo seemingly shuts down then respools. my engine also sputters almost shutting down thes rebuilds rpm's. when this happens my check engine light comes on and my cruise control light flashes. this light show stays on for about 2 days then shuts off.

HELP!!!!

aaron
    my buddy jim went off roading in his 07 wrx and ran over a manhole about a foot high. his cruise control sarted bling and check engine light came on. il ask him exactly what happened, but I know it cost about 2grand to fix

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    my buddy jim went off roading in his 07 wrx and ran over a manhole about a foot high. his cruise control sarted bling and check engine light came on. il ask him exactly what happened, but I know it cost about 2grand to fix
    lol, dude, this has NOTHING to do with what the original poster was talking about

Aaron. What mods are done to the car, do you have any kind of electronic engine management? What octane fuel do you run?

What you're describing is knock. The stock ECU is pulling timing and cutting boost because it is detecting a catastrophic engine event and the computer protects itself by limiting power production. DO NOT under any circumstances try to replicate this phenomenon until you figure out why it is happening. It is very bad for the engine and indicative of a real problem. Post back with your mods and we can discuss why this might be happening.

~Tim

As said above its knock/det.

I am guessing you have after-market parts with no EM or a OTS map ?
    WRB, Tial gated 20'gd, PPG reppin Bugeye FTW !

i am having the same problem. i just installed a boost controller and it was fine for a couple of days then today when i got on it for the second or third time the car cut the boost and my ecl and cruise light is flashing. any ideas on what may have caused this or what i can do to fix it?

I Support ClubWRX
    OP = Knock

^^^ prolly knock, as well.. raising boost without correcting fuel/timing delivery is a big no-no
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

i just went and turned everything down...since i lowered the boost it's okay...i'm not trying to make it ridiculously fast or anything, just better than stock

turned everything down?

did you adjust the wastegate to run more boost without any tuning?
    "Let the ingorance die with the ignorant"

engine light

i just got the same problem today. i put a bov on my stock 04 wrx. no mapping, ecu, nothing. I understand that the stock throws the excess air back into the motor and that the bov puts it into the atmosphere. I know the ecu is programed for the air back into the motor. i've driven the car 1000 miles with the bov on and just yesterday i put in unleaded plus gas (higher octane rating) assuming fuel mixture is too rich now. richer than it was with the bov and regular unleaded. any answers.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieD23
    i just got the same problem today. i put a bov on my stock 04 wrx. no mapping, ecu, nothing. I understand that the stock throws the excess air back into the motor and that the bov puts it into the atmosphere. I know the ecu is programed for the air back into the motor. i've driven the car 1000 miles with the bov on and just yesterday i put in unleaded plus gas (higher octane rating) assuming fuel mixture is too rich now. richer than it was with the bov and regular unleaded. any answers.
    Side note: you should be running 91+ octane

What was the CEL code you got?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC