WRX ALL Cylinders missfiring? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX ALL Cylinders missfiring? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah, the gray wires are probably from an aftermarket BCS. I was referring to the bottom two out of four ...

Yeah, the gray wires are probably from an aftermarket BCS. I was referring to the bottom two out of four pictures...

Do you have any clue what was done to the car by the previous owner? Obviously they used wire nuts, so they likely did not have a very solid grip on in-car electrical systems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    I don't have a resistor in my MY02, as I've removed my EGT sensor, and have no CELs. I think I turned it off in RomRaider, though

Could be OpenSource, as well, thereby no access to the ecu hardware needed
    Yea my hunch was the UTEC. If you get tuned in "Speed Density" it will give you a miss fire on all 4 cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Do you have any clue what was done to the car by the previous owner? Obviously they used wire nuts, so they likely did not have a very solid grip on in-car electrical systems.
    Yea no kidding.
    WRB, Tial gated 20'gd, PPG reppin Bugeye FTW !

I'd start with either replacing that portion of the wiring harness or at least patching it back together correctly and sealing it with waterproof heat shrink. If the wiring harness is less than a couple hundred bucks, and you're reasonably experienced working on cars, then I'd just buy one and replace it and that way you can probably save yourself a lot of time and trouble.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thanks for the help.

It appears the only wires that are modified are for the BCS like you suggested. It has been moved deeper in the engine bay than i have seen on stock engines. But it is still there and it is blue like the stock one. There is a vacuum hose leading away from it to the perrin turbo inlet. Do you think it was just lengthened to reach the aftermarket inlet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.