Help petrol smell in my 2000 wrx

This is a discussion on Help petrol smell in my 2000 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, my car is a subaru impreza wrx 00 recently i have been getting a smell of petrol inside and ...

Help petrol smell in my 2000 wrx

Hello, my car is a subaru impreza wrx 00 recently i have been getting a smell of petrol inside and outside the car on very cold days when i first start the car. i have checked the fuel lines and there is no leakage from them . there is no smell when the weather is mild or warm . i can smell the petrol inside through the air con which i use to de-mist the windows could you give me any information on how to cure this or tell me what may be causing this thankyou

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...sb-inside.html

I realize that TSB was for different years, but its possible it could be the same situation. Also check all fuel lines and connections.

Make sure theres no fuel leaks from the fuel rail/injectors as you may only smell it on cold days casue you turn your heater on which sucks the fumes in...

Check it out soon or have a mechanic check it out as raw fuel in the engine bay may not be too safe.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

thanks man