Popping noise when going 10mph....

This is a discussion on Popping noise when going 10mph.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So when i roll to a stop or going less than 10mph there is a distinct popping noise coming from ...

Popping noise when going 10mph....

So when i roll to a stop or going less than 10mph there is a distinct popping noise coming from the rear of my wagon. Not from the exhaust but from suspension. I have HKS 3 way adjustable coilovers. Its a 2002 WRX wagon. Any ideas as to what this sound could be? I donít only hear the sound i can also feel something not right. I looked under the rex quickly last night and everything looked ok visually. Any specific areas i should look at? Ideas? Suggestions?
    Thanks and much appreciated.
    DC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone?

OK... So i narrowed it down to the coil overs beign the culprit. Any thing specific i need to look for when looking at the coilovers? Do the HKS hypermax RS coilovers need to be greased? I was told that greasing them will make the noise go away. I have a hard time believing that. Any other suggestions? comments?

I Support ClubWRX
    Try the sway bar endlinks. They could be contacting something.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Checked. It is not those. Defnitly the coilovers. In fact the sound is coming from near the top of the coilover.

Make sure they are on there tight, they could be loose and moving around when you hit a bump...
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Is it possible to un seat a coil by taking a corner fast? they are bolted on the car very tight i checked that. i think the coil is un seated. but i cant really tell.