Engine interference with radio signal!

This is a discussion on Engine interference with radio signal! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an '04 WRX Wagon (with the factory stereo) that I bought a few months ago. There is only ...

Engine interference with radio signal!

I have an '04 WRX Wagon (with the factory stereo) that I bought a few months ago. There is only one aggravating problem that I have, and want to avoid going to the dealership to fix (already they've "raped" me over a water bottle causing an air bag problem!). So, here it is:

Every time I accelerate, THE RADIO LOOSES SIGNAL! With some stations, it's completely static!! When I step off the gas, everything comes in fine.

I've checked the connections behind the stereo, I've checked the connection to the antenna - it's all good. I think it may be a chassis ground that's loose or something? Any ideas??

Please help, I'm starting to loose my mind listening to the same CD's all the time....!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would definitely check the ground first.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I would definitely check the ground first.

I have checked the connections to the radio and they're all good... so I'm pretty sure it's a ground wire to the chassis. So... does anyone know where that is??

Thanks!!