oil pan Q's

This is a discussion on oil pan Q's within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; is it possible to acess the oild pan and remove it without taking the engine out? maybe a cherry picker ...

Registered User indurdenwetrust's Avatar

oil pan Q's

is it possible to acess the oild pan and remove it without taking the engine out? maybe a cherry picker lifting it up? i want to check for rod knock visually to plan what im gonna do to fix it. Much appreciated!
    rod knock knock knockin on heavens door - trying to deal with it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think so, but you'll have to get the crossmember out of the way (from memory).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User indurdenwetrust's Avatar
    im having trouble finding any how to info on this i had to look up pics of header to see the oil pan alone......anyone got a post on how to remove oil pan without taking out the engine? pics would be welcome too!!!
    rod knock knock knockin on heavens door - trying to deal with it