how long did your car battery last ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on how long did your car battery last ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my battery is 3 years 1 month and 15 days old and it died... is this normal ? how long ...

how long did your car battery last ?

my battery is 3 years 1 month and 15 days old and it died... is this normal ?

how long should a battery last ?

im pretty sure it is the battery and not the alternator ill have to check for sure tommorow tho
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    1 year and 9 months so far! goin strong haha

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Normal for FL maybe. Mine is six years old and I should probably top it up. Its pretty variable though depending on how far you drive, how often, temperatures, etc. etc.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

i dont drive the car much and yeah i guess its pretty hot down here
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

1 1/2 years wasnt holding enough cold cranking amps

Most batteries last 5-6 years. Beyond 5 years, you're usually starting to test your luck. Getting stuck just once and having to call a tow truck will cost you a pretty penny. A new battery is cheap insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Normal for FL maybe. Mine is six years old and I should probably top it up. Its pretty variable though depending on how far you drive, how often, temperatures, etc. etc.
    Top it up? Most batteries are sealed these days. 6 years is pushing it too. I would get that replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx View Post
    1 1/2 years wasnt holding enough cold cranking amps
    I'd check the warranty on it.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    It depends on temperatures and use. I don't think ambient temperatures are nearly as important as underhood temperatures though, because I've had a battery last 12 years in one of my cars -- but the battery is very carefully positioned in a compartment at the opposite end of the car from the motor, and never sees high underhood temps (only ambient temps, no heat generated). It does see high ambient temps though -- up to 45C in summer. The replacement battery has been in place for 4 years now and I have no idea what shape it's in, nor do I intend to service it or pay any attention to it at all. If its fails while the car is still in service I'll get another. Even at 4 years I've gotten my $ worth (not to mention 12 years!).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

My battery is now 8 years old with no maintenance. No topping off, and only been on the trickle charger 1 time. Good ol' FoMoCo
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
    - W.C. Fields

(Teflon) I called them and told then what happened, (actually got stuck in a snow storm getting milk for my mom) It really wasnt worth the hassel, but anyways they said no its not covered. I had no type of up graded electrical equipment in my car.

i've had mine for about 3 years 6 months, still okay.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    My truck went threw them like candy cause I never drove it. Batteries like to be charged and discharged frequently. When they sit, bad things happen to good plates.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.