Urgent!! Yet Another Problem - Check Engine Light Is Comming On..please Helpp!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Urgent!! Yet Another Problem - Check Engine Light Is Comming On..please Helpp!!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I already have a leaking coolant pipe which will be getting sorted out!!! but now I have another problem, when ...

Red face Urgent!! Yet Another Problem - Check Engine Light Is Comming On..please Helpp!!!!!!

I already have a leaking coolant pipe which will be getting sorted out!!! but now I have another problem, when i start the engine it is starting to stall ocassionally, drives fine then suddenly it will cut out now and again randomly, but it will start up fine after this, then once started up again the check engine light comes on and stays on.
    but once i turn the engine off and on again the light will go out..

any ideas as what this means??

thanks in advance guyz
    the car is starting to give me to much grief nw

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nt time the light come dont urn it off and take it down to an auto parts store and get there code reader and check the codes. Dont turn your car off when you get there because you may turn the light off and then you wont know what is causing it to come on.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

check engine light

even if the light goes out the computer stores it, this is called a hard code. it will be stored for 40 miles or starting the car 3 times with out fault. so check the code and let me know and i can get all the info u need k.

Exclamation Re-

Any one had any similar problems, is it just me or is the wrx an unreliable car??
    because not being funny, seriously when u fix one thing a week later something else goes wrong, i know its a 1994 car which has been taken care of over the years, but ive heard that even the newer ones have non stop problems, maybe just the car im guessing.

What mods does your car have? Year/model?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Re-

Hi Its a 1994 wrx, only mod that i know of is a BOV not sure which 1 but its always been on there, and it has a decat exusst system thats all, al standard apart from that.

Quote Originally Posted by az_e11 View Post
    Any one had any similar problems, is it just me or is the wrx an unreliable car??
    It's a 14 year old performance car....that should answer your question.

You won't be able to get someone to read the code on the ECU, it's not an OBD-II car, it's an OBD-I. Take it to a reputable shop and have them diagnose it or find a local WRX owner and have them take a look. There is very little we can do online to help you because you gave a really vague explanation of the problem. 2 sentences is not enough for anyone to get a true understanding of what is going on...

I Support ClubWRX
    you can code OBD1
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    you can code OBD1
    Oh, no doubt, but not the way everyone else was recommending. Not only do I not know how to do it on a 94 wrx, I doubt the OP does nor would he know what he was seeing if he did figure out how to get the ECU to spit out the codes it's storing. It's certainly not as easy as just going to Autozone like was previously mentioned in this thread.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Oh, no doubt, but not the way everyone else was recommending. Not only do I not know how to do it on a 94 wrx, I doubt the OP does nor would he know what he was seeing if he did figure out how to get the ECU to spit out the codes it's storing. It's certainly not as easy as just going to Autozone like was previously mentioned in this thread.
    Rogan o_0

I Support ClubWRX
    real nice...
    Rogan o_0

Pathetic

I was pointed here searching for answers to a suspected knock sensor inquiry. Instead, I discovered Timdog1650's 4 month old pompous response, complete with Photoshop pics of his girlfriend bowling. Very helpful. What a jerk.

PS: You're average, and balding...
    Last edited by Gingers_WRX; 09-14-2008 at 08:31 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    and you felt the need to bring back a 4 month old thread, that you deem 'worthless'..
    Rogan o_0

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.