Fog Lights Simple Question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fog Lights Simple Question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 05 subaru wrx and the passenger side fog lamp is very tainted. I would say its water ...

Fog Lights Simple Question

I have an 05 subaru wrx and the passenger side fog lamp is very tainted. I would say its water logged or something, just that nasty mucky yellowish color has taken over and im wondering what i should do to fix it. Maybe some CLR? would that work?

Also, neither of the lights work, but the switch does. I checked the fuse so it must be the bulbs. How do I go about changing the bulbs on them?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

edit: I believe the fog light covers are glass btw
    Last edited by jonthesloth; 05-15-2008 at 11:22 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

fog lamps

if the vehicle is under warrenty the will replace it for free but if not most dealer detalers can take care of it for u.

Quote Originally Posted by subytech209 View Post
    if the vehicle is under warrenty the will replace it for free but if not most dealer detalers can take care of it for u.
    This issue will not be covered under the warrantee unless the issue is in the switch or wiring. Bulbs are expendable dependent upon use and conditions, therefore they will not be covered.

I would also steer clear of the CLR on the lenses. The lenses are plastic and you may have chem issues with the CLR and the lens. You could use some very light (high number around 3k) polishing compound to take the discolouration off.

Hope this helps a little bit.

ok polishing compound... Well that would probably work, but is there any household remedies?

and can anyone just point me in the right direction on what screw i have to unscrew or something because the fog lights are in the housing fixture and I can't figure out how to get it out to change it. Also what bulbs are they, (I'm sure I will find out once I get them off) and does autozone have replacement ones?

I just bought my car like 3 weeks ago so sorry for the newbie questions.

Here is a tutorial for removal

Fog lights on an 06 WRX

fog lights

if the vehicle is under warrenty the bulbs are covered and also the headlight asmb. so check first. btw i work at a dealership so i know what is covered.

You must work at a very kind dealership, b/c every stealership I've been to, the bulbs are not covered under a warrantee b/c they are expendable. Do you guys change oil, diff lube, brake fluid, fuel, and coolant for free too?
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
    - W.C. Fields

if the vehicle is under warrenty the bulbs are covered and also the headlight asmb. so check first. btw i work at a dealership so i know what is covered.
    hey since you work at a subaru dealership, can you tell me what warranties i still have on my car. I never bought an extended warranty and I'm not the original owner, I am the 2nd owner. It is an 05 with 43k. Also, if you have ever worked on this job, I tried doing it myself today, when i go to pull out the bulb, just this part comes off and then its connected by two wires. If they tell me its gonna cost money, which i think they might here in orange county/la, then do you have any info for me?

lghts

i can tell u but i need the last eight of ur vin # and ya i should be able to help.

i can tell u but i need the last eight of ur vin # and ya i should be able to help.
    5061 are the last 4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.