Sterring wheel vibration

This is a discussion on Sterring wheel vibration within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; About two weeks ago i noticed that my sterring wheel began viberating a little and then would dissapear. Over time ...

Sterring wheel vibration

About two weeks ago i noticed that my sterring wheel began viberating a little and then would dissapear. Over time this viberation has become more severe and more frequent. I tought it might have been dirt on the wheels. I cleaned all 4 but the viberation comes back. The alignment seem good. Vibratinon seems to be most severe a lower speeds and seem to occure during stop and go excellaration and last for verying lenght of time. The vibration also seems severe when you start from stop and excellerate into a large turn , like turning onto a street from a driveway.

Can anyone tell me the cause of this problem, and is it a safety issue ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the vibration is while driving, you more than likly need a simple wheel balancing, have them spin the wheels to see if they are off balance that go from there.

If the wheels are balanced fine, and no bends, look at your tires.

Vibration while you brake? Could be warped brake rotors.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

wheel vib.

most likely its a rack and pinion but first make sure ur power steering fluid is full and if its vary low fill it to the full line and then go drive it and come back and check the level again. if the fluid was low and u drove it like that u most likely will need to replace the rack and pinion and power steering pump.