Low idle and SLIGHT hesitation... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Low idle and SLIGHT hesitation... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; They were all the exact same......

They were all the exact same...
    2006 OBP STI
    WANTING STI trunk/lid for my WRX trunk and lid!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Never seen that before...weird. I don't know enough about west coast gas to be able to give you a good answer. I would believe the additives thing though, sounds convincing.

Yea, everything I have searched...it all leads back to some kind of anti knock fuel additive shortname MMT.

Who knows...
    But thanks again TimDog!
    Jon
    2006 OBP STI

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Never seen that before...weird. I don't know enough about west coast gas to be able to give you a good answer. I would believe the additives thing though, sounds convincing.
    APPEARANCE: Spark plugs fouled by MMT (Methycyclopentadienyl Maganese Tricarbonyl) have reddish, rusty appearance on the insulator and side electrode.

CAUSE: MMT is an anti-knock additive in gasoline used to replace lead. During the combustion process, the MMT leaves a reddish deposit on the insulator and side electrode.

RECOMMENDATION: No engine malfunction is indicated and the deposits will not affect plug performance any more than lead deposits (see Ash Deposits). MMT fouled plugs can be cleaned, regapped and reinstalled.
    2006 OBP STI

THIS WAS MY BEST GUESS ON UR PLUGS IT BEST DESCRIBES THEM!!!!!!!!!! YEA I KNOW YOU DONT HAVE A CARB SO BARE WITH IT.

(A black dry fluffy colored plug is caused by deposits from a carburetor that is running too rich (too much gas), or excessive idling on some engines. Black smoke coming from the exhaust is a sign of a rich air/fuel mixture. The rich air/fuel mixture must be repaired before installing a new spark plug. Common causes for a rich air/fuel mixture are:

dirty air filter.

air mixture screw or carburetor needs adjusting.

choke is sticking.

carburetor float height is out of adjustment or float is sticking open.)
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    THIS WAS MY BEST GUESS ON UR PLUGS IT BEST DESCRIBES THEM!!!!!!!!!! YEA I KNOW YOU DONT HAVE A CARB SO BARE WITH IT.

(A black dry fluffy colored plug is caused by deposits from a carburetor that is running too rich (too much gas), or excessive idling on some engines. Black smoke coming from the exhaust is a sign of a rich air/fuel mixture. The rich air/fuel mixture must be repaired before installing a new spark plug. Common causes for a rich air/fuel mixture are:

dirty air filter.

air mixture screw or carburetor needs adjusting.

choke is sticking.

carburetor float height is out of adjustment or float is sticking open.)
    my plug is not black dry fluffy colored...
    2006 OBP STI

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX02 View Post
    Yea, everything I have searched...it all leads back to some kind of anti knock fuel additive shortname MMT.

Who knows...
    But thanks again TimDog!
    Jon

THE FAMOUS NOS OCTANE BOOSTER HAS MMT I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. I ALWAYS USE OCTANE BOOSTER JUST BECAUSE I KNOW CALI GAS HAS A WHOLE BUNCH OF EMISSIONS ADDITIVES IN THERE FUEL.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

I Just Looked Up (reading Spark Plugs) It Gives You Pics Of Diffrent Kind Of Spark Plug Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    THE FAMOUS NOS OCTANE BOOSTER HAS MMT I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. I ALWAYS USE OCTANE BOOSTER JUST BECAUSE I KNOW CALI GAS HAS A WHOLE BUNCH OF EMISSIONS ADDITIVES IN THERE FUEL.
    Caps lock >>>> you.
    Last edited by Timdog1650; 05-25-2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: ...too easy

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX02 View Post

They were all the exact same...
    i know this is a few years to late lol but red spark plugs means the spark plugs have run to hot. his is caused by using a octane booster or to much octane booster!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.