new

This is a discussion on new within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i dont know if this is the right topic or not but i just bought an 02 wrx and ...

new

hey i dont know if this is the right topic or not but i just bought an 02 wrx and when i drive it theres like this weird warning type noise coming from the car when i hit the gas the beeping gets slowly faster when i let go of the gas it stops. any clues to what this could be or how i can stop it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club. Please take a number and have a seat and the first available representative will be along shortly to address your concern.

I Support ClubWRX
    Moving to troubleshooting forum.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

thanks does anyone know what the problem is?

I Support ClubWRX
    I am absolutely stumped. Could you let me know where the noise is coming from?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    I am absolutely stumped. Could you let me know where the noise is coming from?
    +1...I've never heard of anything like that happening. If you could specify where the noise is coming from it might be a bit easier to help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

beeping or whining?

Ive seen cars who had their speaker wires routed bad with the power line and caused a whining noise to come from the speakers which increases pitch as voltage increases.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

its more of a whining noise when i hit the gas it gets faster and faster im thinking its coming from under the hood

lol turbo spool???????does it sound like theres an 18 wheeler right next to you all the time when your accelerating....get used to this terrific noise....it your best friend
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

i love how my car sounds and it runs great its just this little beeping noise is making me really paranoid

Depending on the speed and gear I am in (4th or 5th), I can sometimes hear a faint pulse noise that could sound like a beep I guess. It seems like a resonant frequency sound. I noticed it after I put in the DP and CBE.