Clutch trouble on 06 WRX

This is a discussion on Clutch trouble on 06 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I drive an 06 wrx (mods listed) I launched from 3k yesterday. Later that day when in a parking lot ...

Clutch trouble on 06 WRX

I drive an 06 wrx (mods listed) I launched from 3k yesterday. Later that day when in a parking lot i was rolling to a stop and put the car in neutral and let the clutch out and the car staled. it happened again later that day. Basically if i put the car in neutral then let the clutch out the car stalls as if still in gear. I think the problem is the clutch isn't fully disengaging but i am not sure. If you have any ideas about what the problem is or how to fix it please help. i do not want to go to the dealership and pay a grand for them to drop the trans when all i needed was a knew slave cylinder or something like that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kmlacrosse View Post
    I drive an 06 wrx (mods listed) I launched from 3k yesterday. Later that day when in a parking lot i was rolling to a stop and put the car in neutral and let the clutch out and the car staled. it happened again later that day. Basically if i put the car in neutral then let the clutch out the car stalls as if still in gear. I think the problem is the clutch isn't fully disengaging but i am not sure. If you have any ideas about what the problem is or how to fix it please help. i do not want to go to the dealership and pay a grand for them to drop the trans when all i needed was a knew slave cylinder or something like that.
    the throw out bearing might've come out.
    push the clutch all the way dow then let it pop up

if that doesn't fix it, pull off the intercooler, remove the slave cylinder and see if the fork moves freely, if it does you know that's your problem. hit the fork with a hammer pushing the top part back towards the firewall causing the throwout bearing to pop back into place.

trans. concern

does the car want to move if u put it in neutral and take ur take ur foot off the clutch pedal?

no the car doesn't jump it just dies. and now out of no-were im idling at half a k when i used to idle at 1-2. the only thing new on my car is a turbosmart supersonic bov but i dont think that could be related

Quote Originally Posted by Kmlacrosse View Post
    no the car doesn't jump it just dies. and now out of no-were im idling at half a k when i used to idle at 1-2. the only thing new on my car is a turbosmart supersonic bov but i dont think that could be related
    BOV will eff up your idle.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ov-thread.html