weird

This is a discussion on weird within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; alright so i have been noticing when i give her a little gas my RPMs jump up for a few ...

weird

alright so i have been noticing when i give her a little gas my RPMs jump up for a few seconds then back down to normal acceleration rpms.....and now i just smelled terrible smelling smoke coming out from under my hood....i poped the hood and it looks like the smoke is coming from right under my throttle body/intercooler area..... what could this be ????
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

can you say clutch slipping, the tranny is right under the intercooler, or you could have oil dripping on it too, causeing the smoke and slippage but more than likely just you need a new clutch how many miles you have on it..
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhbamby View Post
    alright so i have been noticing when i give her a little gas my RPMs jump up for a few seconds then back down to normal acceleration rpms.....and now i just smelled terrible smelling smoke coming out from under my hood....i poped the hood and it looks like the smoke is coming from right under my throttle body/intercooler area..... what could this be ????
    If the clutch is slipping and you are seeing/smelling "smoke" suspect either the clutch itself and/or the motor's rear oil seal leaking onto the clutch. In either case I'd have someone look at the car locally.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I know it's been awhile but what ever happened. Did you find that your clutch was worn or that your clutch wore out faster?

How much smoke was it? Must have been enough smoke to cause you to worry about it.

What did you end up doing. Or did you end up doing nothing at all and the car and clutch still seems to function?

Thanks