Posts being ignored??

This is a discussion on Posts being ignored?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Why does it seem that anytime I ask a specific technical question in ANY of the forums here, I might ...

Exclamation Posts being ignored??

Why does it seem that anytime I ask a specific technical question in ANY of the forums here, I might be lucky if I get one response. I've noticed that many people read my tech posts, but no one ever seems to have any input. No even a " gee man, that is an interesting point...I don't know...whatever". Nothing. I try and make it a point to help out anyone that I can with what I know; no matter how stupid the question may seem. And with the hundreds of subscribed members here, it is surprising to me how little help I get when I really need it. I've also noticed a great many threads that others have started with no responses. The whole point of this place is for EVERYONE to share their ideas and experiences to provide insight for anyone else in similar situations. I've said my peace. Thanks to everyone who does try.
    Scoobies and scooby people rock!
    -created in the ominous shadow of The Great Vassar-
    Blobeye Syndicate #Eleventy-Seven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think it's the "been asked/answered more than a few time syndrome" starting to show in the over all picture in most threads...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

I Support ClubWRX
    In part, it may have to do with some of your posts being late night and/or on weekends. The traffic here is always lighter on the weekends. Many here visit during most on weekday/work days. You also have to figure that some of your more technical posts... some people (those on late night Friday/Saturdays) may not feel like they have anything of substance to add. Not everyone here will understand whether or not it is common for turbo seals to go on a 2.0 liter with a vf34, at 60k miles...

You may realize more success posting on weekdays or at least bumping your questions on weekdays to elicit more responses.

You might also try Nasioc. There may be some draw backs to spending time there but the traffic is higher and there is a mountain of knowledge there too. Good luck.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Or... maybe people just don't like you.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I'm sorry, but did someone just post something?

as far as the "gee man" type posts, i try to avoid posting at all if its not directly related to the topic. for some reason i feel bad even posting something if i can't give you an answer or atleast part of an answer that i'm sure of. But in this case, gee man thats a good question.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

I look at technical threads like this:

Is it something I can easily answer because I know what's wrong?

Is it something that is readily available via a search?

Is it something that I'm interested in because it's unique/new/innovative/exciting?

If I answer yes to any of these questions, I usually reply either with a serious answer, a sarcastic "do an effing search n00b ", or ask a question/give my $.02 if it's something technically interesting outside my experience.

Not that any of that explains why you think you're being ignored, but that's just my thought process. If there's any specific threads or questions you have, shoot them my way and I can try to help if it's something I think I can help with....can't vouch for anyone else though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Or... maybe people just don't like you.
    Ha ha...It all makes sense now.
    Good feedback though. I appreciate it. Thanks everyone!
    -created in the ominous shadow of The Great Vassar-
    Blobeye Syndicate #Eleventy-Seven