Something wrong with my oil pressure??

This is a discussion on Something wrong with my oil pressure?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just dropped in a VF34 and have noticed that my oil pressure at cold idle is around 65-70psi and ...

Something wrong with my oil pressure??

I just dropped in a VF34 and have noticed that my oil pressure at cold idle is around 65-70psi and hot idle is around 35-40psi. This, compared to before: cold idle 90-100psi and hot idle 25-30psi. Might anyone have any ideas as to how the turbo swap changed this? Does the difference in bearing design between TD04 and VF34 play a role? Cobb Tuning basically said maybe, it makes sense. There are no leaks. And, idle oil temperature levels out around 165-180F, as usual. Thanks in advance.
    -created in the ominous shadow of The Great Vassar-
    Blobeye Syndicate #Eleventy-Seven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can't help but I would also like to know the answer. I am curious to know if anyone has bothered measuring oil pressure at the turbo either in stock or post turbo swap configurations.

I find it very strange that no one finds it necessary to monitor oil pressure; especially if you plan on altering from stock setup. I doesn't even seem to be a concern. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I don't think it sensible to depend on the idiot light, which illuminates around 5-10psi, for a warning. At that point sh*t is already *****ed up.
    -created in the ominous shadow of The Great Vassar-
    Blobeye Syndicate #Eleventy-Seven