Possible stock boost problem...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Possible stock boost problem... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just picked up a 2006 AT WRX. It has been a long time since I had my 2002 and can ...

Possible stock boost problem...

Just picked up a 2006 AT WRX.
    It has been a long time since I had my 2002 and can not remember a thing from that car.

The 2006 I picked up does have the factory gauge installed, and to my disappointment, it only reads about .07-.08?
    is that stock boost? To my knowledge, that converted to psi is only about 10.1-11.1 psi. that sounds low for a stock 2006 WRX.

Is this low? What is stock boost? After 5 pages of searching, I could not find a straight forward answer for an 06.
    Thanks in Advance
    Jon
    Last edited by REDREX02; 05-08-2008 at 10:28 PM.
    2006 OBP STI
    WANTING STI trunk/lid for my WRX trunk and lid!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

06s have something like 13...

hmm, about 2 hrs ago I found a thread that said the 06's have 11.5 stock.
    Anyone certian of the 06 boost amount(stock)?
    2006 OBP STI

I believe that stock is 13.5 in third gear test it in third at full throttle...........
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    I believe that stock is 13.5 in third gear test it in third at full throttle...........
    third in an auto....
    i have an auto
    2006 OBP STI

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX02 View Post
    third in an auto....
    i have an auto
    OH MY BAD DIDNT KNOW. HOW MANY GEARS IS THE AUTO I THINK ITS ONLY A 4 SPEED WIT OVERDRIVE. THAT MIGHT BE ALL THE BOOST YOU GET OUT OF AN AUTO. I NEVER DROVE ONE SOOOO. BUT YES THIRD GEAR IN THE FIVE SPEED WRX IS WHERE YOU GET THE MOST POWER AND BOOST.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Anyone else?
    2006 OBP STI

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.