Car wax-any suggestions?

This is a discussion on Car wax-any suggestions? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Got a Sonic Yellow Scuby and wondering if anyone has any great experience with a certain brand/type. Liquid or paste? ...

Car wax-any suggestions?

Got a Sonic Yellow Scuby and wondering if anyone has any great experience with a certain brand/type.
    Liquid or paste?
    Any comments appreciated
    "99% of it is what you make of it. So if your life sucks, YOU suck"-Suicidal Tendencies
    DirtTrackDigest.com-Your Dirt Motorsports connection!
    Proud member of The Bugeye Mafia #175
    & Sonic Yellow Fanatic Coalition #7
    See my Bugeye here

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Klasse all-in-one, Klasse sealant glaze, and Collinite are spectacular products. Autopia.org and waxbytes.com should have them. Also, give the Sonus clay bar a try if you are interested in clay barring.
    2006 OBP WRX TR
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Just don't do it!

Going against the owner's manual of the car is like nailing a hooker without a rubber - it's not intelligent.

I use:
    griots claybar
    griots fine hand polish
    meguiars nxt wax
    griots carnuba wax

it works well

close up of paint
    Last edited by cavallino333; 05-06-2008 at 07:05 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I use this and works great (good deal too)

ICE Turtle Wax
    An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an ‘Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order’ sign, just ‘Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’ - Mitch Hedberg

I Support ClubWRX
    Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant.

Not the shiniest, but long lasting and tough.

Exterior and Appearance - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 05-07-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Don't use anything with any kind of "polymer" or "coating"..... at all... ever. Your paint is sealed, as are any imperfections, and you'll never really be able to clean it up again. It looks good short term, bad for the paint long term.

Either Mother's or McGuire makes a clay bar... thats a great way to start a thorough cleaning of your paint. Yellow collects a lot of dirt... you'll be amazed at the difference when you're done.

Wax? I've used Mother's PURE carnauba since I was 18 years old, on about 30 different cars. Not the crap "with cleaner" they sell in WalMart. You can only get it at specialty automotive shops, or online. I've seen it as cheap as $16, and as much as $25..... but it works.

It is the consistency of butter... and creates a glossy finish second to none. It isn't "super" long lasting, but it also isn't permanent, and it's good for your paint, easy to apply, and looks amazing.

Beware... it is exactly what they call it.... pure carnauba wax..... bugs love the smell of it... and if you have an ant problem... it will be 10,000 times worse about 3 hours after you wax (I learned that the hard way about 10 years ago).

Just my opinion.... anything worth doing right isn't going to be easy... avoid the "quickie" products.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Don't use anything with any kind of "polymer" or "coating"..... at all... ever. Your paint is sealed, as are any imperfections, and you'll never really be able to clean it up again. It looks good short term, bad for the paint long term.
    Why? All wax products seal and coat. I claybar to remove the bad first.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics