radiator flush

This is a discussion on radiator flush within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; are there any write ups on how to do a radiator flush for a 06 wrx? im pretty sure i ...

radiator flush

are there any write ups on how to do a radiator flush for a 06 wrx? im pretty sure i can do it, but would like to see the procedure step by step.

thanks,

-nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I have it done at a shop that recycles coolant as it is rather toxic stuff. I provide distilled water for the fill.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Search "burp" or "burping" to see how to get air pockets out. Last time I changed coolant I burped the system really well with the motor off, and never needed to repeat with the motor on.

I take coolant to my city's recycling collection center (the same place that takes old paint containers, for example). Call around your area if you want to DIY. While under warranty the best solution is to get Subaru coolant and save the receipt for both that and the distilled water you buy elsewhere.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.