cant figure out problem...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on cant figure out problem... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well ive literally searched this site for about 2 whole days now and i just cant seem to find an ...

cant figure out problem...

well ive literally searched this site for about 2 whole days now and i just cant seem to find an exact answer. my problem, like most other people on here, is a weird noise coming from the engine bay more so behind the radio area. it kind of hard to describe it but its not like how most users on here had described their noises. its not a high pitched sound or anything like that. there have not been any CEL's or and noticeable differences when driving, no chucking or weird feels when turning, nothing. it kind of sounds the way a car does when slowing downs at high RPMs in low gear, kind of a deep rotating/rubbing sound. it doesnt do when i turn on the car, nor in 1st gear, reverse or at idle. the fact that its very noticeable and sounds like a rotating sound is leading to my trans(of course). the car has an ACT stage1 prolite street clutch which was on the car when i bought it. the noise just started a few days ago, the performance has not seemed to be affected.
    any clues, ideas, or tips from similar experiences would be very helpful.
    Broski

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BUMP!
    anyone? clues seem to be pointing to the throw out bearing but it doesnt seem likely becuase the ACT clutch was put in about less than 25k miles ago w/fly wheel, pressure plate, and all new bearings. other ideas seem to be pointing me to a dying turbo? any thoughts on that direction? anyone?
    thanks
    Broski

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.