Finally got my cyl misfire fixed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Finally got my cyl misfire fixed within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had been haviong this problem with cyl 3 misfire. I changed all the plugs, had the fuel injecotrs cleaned ...

Finally got my cyl misfire fixed

I had been haviong this problem with cyl 3 misfire. I changed all the plugs, had the fuel injecotrs cleaned (cyl 3 was the worst of them all). It still came back as cyl 3 misfire so i swapped the coil packs on 1 and 3 and then cyl 1 misfired. The new coil pack finally came in and now he is running just fine. I sucked cause if i tried to give it gas a low RPm the car ran like crap. NOw that it is fixed she 's back to her normal self.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so the coil packs were just bad?
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Well cyl 3 was the bad one. for some reason the guy i bought it from took off the heat shield for the turbo and heat from that just broke down the coil pack were it wouldn't like to work to hard at low RPM. The car felt really jumpy and ran like ****. But if i was a high RPM above 5k it ran fine didn't misfire for some reason. But all is well got a new one on there and it seems to work fine now.

weird this might be my problem. ive been having cylinder 1 and 3 misfiring also.i changed the plugs and nothing happend. the guy i got the car from took off the turbo silencer. its a big black hunk of plastic with two inlets next to eachother. is that the part you were refering to
    ?

No im talking about the coil pack that gives the power to the spark plug to make it spark. There about 120 bucks a piece. but replace them and they should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobe View Post
    weird this might be my problem. ive been having cylinder 1 and 3 misfiring also.i changed the plugs and nothing happend. the guy i got the car from took off the turbo silencer. its a big black hunk of plastic with two inlets next to eachother. is that the part you were refering to
    ?
    Exact same thing happened to me, turned out to be cyl 3 bad injector, so check the injectors.

I would also pull your injectors out and have them cleaned. I have always run 91 octane but my injectors were still dirty. I would get them all cleaned

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.