Low Idling Problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Low Idling Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, looking some assistance from you guys . Got my car serviced last monday and ever since I got ...

Low Idling Problem

Hey guys, looking some assistance from you guys .

Got my car serviced last monday and ever since I got it back its been idling low maybe like 200rpm and 500rpm with ac on. All that was done is change plugs (NGK Turbo), filters oil, air, gas, fan belt, steering belt and oil change.

Before I carried it in it was perfectly fine, now its idling low and sometimes when I come to a stop, press the clutch to disengage the engine it shuts off on me... Im assume this is because the revs are just too low as previously mentioned. There is no CEL and the car runs perfect otherwise. Had someone check the computer and there are no error codes and as a temp fix turned up the idle back to approx 800 rpm.

My question tho is, any ideas as to why idle would drop like this after it was serviced??

Only think I could think of is maybe its the plugs, would not having iridiums in there cause this? Any other thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

more than likely your filter was so dirty than your car got used to running with no air. then when it got air it wants to run idle slow.... or it could be a leak somewhere in the intake....system
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

usually when you have a leak your car will idle high... right?

I had a low idle problem because my injectors were really dirty. I pulled them out and had them cleaned and that got rid of the low idle problem.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy1here View Post
    Hey guys, looking some assistance from you guys .

Got my car serviced last monday and ever since I got it back its been idling low maybe like 200rpm and 500rpm with ac on. All that was done is change plugs (NGK Turbo), filters oil, air, gas, fan belt, steering belt and oil change.

Before I carried it in it was perfectly fine, now its idling low and sometimes when I come to a stop, press the clutch to disengage the engine it shuts off on me... Im assume this is because the revs are just too low as previously mentioned. There is no CEL and the car runs perfect otherwise. Had someone check the computer and there are no error codes and as a temp fix turned up the idle back to approx 800 rpm.

My question tho is, any ideas as to why idle would drop like this after it was serviced??

Only think I could think of is maybe its the plugs, would not having iridiums in there cause this? Any other thoughts?

do you have a blow off valve??? when i got my car i put one cause i liked the sound later on i started to see that it was idiling like crap well i finally put back the stock one and it purrs really smooth...when i had it on and ran the ac it shut off a couple of times....it was the stupid HKS one it did the same when i would step on the clutch some times....

Same thing...

Hello there... i am from venezuela and now i have the same problem he told you some days before...

last sunday my batt died so i bought a new one and now my car is exactly he discribed when he started the thread...

almost everytime i stopped on traffic light or stop and i release the clutch my rpms goes veeeeery low and the car just shut off--- i donīt know what to do... my car was perfect before batt died...

how do you solve the problem?? already solve it? or still have it?

please help-.

You could have a sticking Idle Air Controller, or the ECU could have a skewed KAM (keep alive memory) and needs to be reset in attempts to relearn the idle correctly, Also if the injectors are dirty in some cases this will cause a lower idle. Vac leaks normally result in a high idle if any idle change at all, the system will accomidate for the vac leak by lowering the IAC percentage to get the "wanted" amount of air around the closed throttle plate, now if you have a later WRX w/ electronic throttle a ECU reset and a good cleaning of the TB is about the only obvious things that could cause this.
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

but everything was perfect before i change my battery....

everything on the car is perfect, no cel codes, no light of check engine, air cond working properly after i accel a bit... running until 218km/h i donīt know what else to try....

my rpms are on 250 and when i turn the ac on i goes to 500 but when i accel a bit is when the compressor starts---

what do u suggest? reset again the ecu? already check the injectors and also add an octane booster...

where is this idle valve controller located on the car, maybe i need to clean it a bit or some...

I Support ClubWRX
    Pull one of the plugs and make sure they are the correct ones and the right gap.Seen it happen more than once where the shop put inplugs for a 2.0L in a 2.5L or vice versa.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

bro, mine is 2.0... here in vzla we donīt have 2.5

but my car was perfect before i changed the battery... i turn my car on on sunday afternoon and the batt was dead.... i bought a new one.. install it and go.. and now i have this ........ problem.

i did a full reset... nothing happend tomorrow i will be driving for 3 hours to another city... i hope it gets better...

donīt know what else to try... rpms are at 500 and when i turn the ac nothing happened i accel and it starts but i releases and the compressor goes off again... the problem is the idle is too low....

Thumbs up Solved

Sorry to write so late guys...

i solved the problem... the T-body was kind of dirty, i took out all the intake parts and cleaned them, also changed the air filter, after that i got a micro fiber sheet and cleaned all the t-body with wd40... cleaned everything there and it was really dirty.... the idle space to keep the rpm in normal conditions was almost blocked by the normal dirtiness inside there....

after this guys everything changed... now i know i have to repeat this every 40000kms in order to have everything cleaned... now i`m running good with the high flow cats, but i haven`t decide which axl back i will install...

i really like flowmaster but i donīt know which series i should install... what do you suggest... i am thinking in 60series but in the webpage they say 40series delta flow but i don`t know if that info is updated because is for 2000 2002 cars...

help me with this... thanks

PS: i decided about flowmaster because is the brand i can find in venezuela.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.