Rattling- driving me crazy!

This is a discussion on Rattling- driving me crazy! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i know subu's don't have the greatest interior, but this is just crazy. i have a '07 with 16k ...

Rattling- driving me crazy!

so i know subu's don't have the greatest interior, but this is just crazy. i have a '07 with 16k on it and i have a super annoying rattling coming from the driver's side, left dashboard...right by the VIN plate. It's mostly present when I'm on rough roads or the car is shaking, but it is extremely annoying. I push down on the spot, right by the VIN plate and it stops for a few seconds and then starts again.

I also have a rattle from my glove box, it seems loose and when shut, I can still push up on the glove box quite a ways and the rattle stops.

Now i know these aren't very serious issues, but its sooo annoying...any suggestions??

just makes me a little annoyed that a new car rattles so much more than a junker I use to drive years back.

(how many times did I use the word annoyed? )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by juss10wrx View Post
    so i know subu's don't have the greatest interior, but this is just crazy. i have a '07 with 16k on it and i have a super annoying rattling coming from the driver's side, left dashboard...right by the VIN plate. It's mostly present when I'm on rough roads or the car is shaking, but it is extremely annoying. I push down on the spot, right by the VIN plate and it stops for a few seconds and then starts again.

I also have a rattle from my glove box, it seems loose and when shut, I can still push up on the glove box quite a ways and the rattle stops.

Now i know these aren't very serious issues, but its sooo annoying...any suggestions??

just makes me a little annoyed that a new car rattles so much more than a junker I use to drive years back.

(how many times did I use the word annoyed? )

lol sry man, did u check the bolts and screws could be something loose,

had a similar problem with my jetta, turned out to be the mounts for the swaybar, my sugestion is to start with thoughs.

I Support ClubWRX
    AS a matter of fact their is a DIY on the "vin plate rattle". The "rattle" has existed since 2002 MY.

Heres a DIy with no pics cause its soo old.

Silencing the VIN Plate / Defroster Panel rattle

Basically you pry the vin plate up, get hot glue or "Goop" apply to the plastic fasteners that rattle, and reinstall. Easy as pie. So easy I haven't done it yet.

But If you find your self doing it, take pics and I will re-illustrate the DIY or you can make your own DIY.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

perfect, i will give it a shot today. thanks for the info! =)

SAME THING!! i have an 07 with about 12K and this problem has been bugging me like crazy since i moved to socal (horrible roads). I've been all over under the dashboard and could not locate the source. I spent a long time shaking ever wire and harness under there to se if any of them could be responsible for the noise but couldn't find one. Also have the loose glove box. I tried wrapping electircal tape around the bar that the glove box latches to so it didn't have any extra room to wiggle. It worked ok but it made a it a little tough to shut the glove box.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block