Fluttering noise?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fluttering noise? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought my 2008 WRX Sedan, only 1200km on it and i've noticed a fluttering noise during acceleration, possibly ...

Fluttering noise?

I just bought my 2008 WRX Sedan, only 1200km on it and i've noticed a fluttering noise during acceleration, possibly sounds like my turbo.....is this normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Turbos do make a whistling noise, then the waste gate makes a fluttering noise after letting off acceleration. but i really couldnt hear much as the factory exhaust muffles most of it. i dont think its anything to worry about, then again if it worries you take it back to the dealer and have them listen.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by JDaigle87 View Post
    I just bought my 2008 WRX Sedan, only 1200km on it and i've noticed a fluttering noise during acceleration, possibly sounds like my turbo.....is this normal?
    You are hearing wastegate flutter. It occurs before the turbo goes into full spool under engine load. Its perfectly normal and can be heard if you know what to listen for even on a stock exhaust setup. I seem to remember only being able to hear it after i had an aftermarket downpipe on my '05 wrx...but i can hear it loud and clear on my '06 with the factory downpipe/shielding. So maybe its more audible on the 2.5L motors....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.