CEL code P1153

This is a discussion on CEL code P1153 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is this the code for the front o2 sensor on the 2006 wrx? If so, where can I get a ...

CEL code P1153

Is this the code for the front o2 sensor on the 2006 wrx? If so, where can I get a new one and is the front one heated or wideband? I went to autozone.com and they only had the wideband sensor for the front.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i believe thats the front sensor...did you change your headers or uppipe?
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

yea i attempted to change the headers and uppipe... ended up just putting the stock ones back on. i probably need to get a new o2 sensor, but where can i get one other than the dealer?

If you put it back to stock try and get a new one from the dealership under warranty if not then just buy one from the dealer.

ok so i figured out what the problem was. i went to the mechanic and he told me it was the rear o2 sensor but told me the code was P1153 which is for the front. i bought a brand new o2 sensor from the dealer. my boost is back and my CEL is gone. if you ever get code P1153 and wonder why your boost is messed, it's that o2 sensor and ecu shutting you down, atleast on the 06's and probably 07's.... ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RLR257 View Post
    ok so i figured out what the problem was. i went to the mechanic and he told me it was the rear o2 sensor but told me the code was P1153 which is for the front. i bought a brand new o2 sensor from the dealer. my boost is back and my CEL is gone. if you ever get code P1153 and wonder why your boost is messed, it's that o2 sensor and ecu shutting you down, atleast on the 06's and probably 07's.... ridiculous.
    Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead -- but I'm having this problem exactly as you describe on an 04 -- per you wording, are you saying it was the *rear* 02 that was causing the problem, and that's what you replaced!? My front is BRAND new from the dealership last weekend and I'm getting this CEL (just built the motor, so didn't have an old one to test)....

Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    P1153 is the front sensor. If the sensor was replaced and there is still a problem then there could be a short in the circut.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    P1153 is the front sensor. If the sensor was replaced and there is still a problem then there could be a short in the circut.
    I'm new to all these forums so I don't know if cross-forum linking is frowned upon but a bit more detail:

HELP! Car goes super lean (o2 CEL, NEW OEM o2, 300mi fresh motor) on highway... - NASIOC

and datalogs on my COBB thread showing it happening in realtime...

https://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums...421#post669421

It's one WEIRD problem. Probably should start a post here too now that I've signed up and get as many subaru oriented minds as I can thinking about this -- I have been building motors for a long time, and I know them pretty well -- rather new to Subaru tuning, but this plain doesn't make sense.

Just an update in case you have any ideas left -- I pulled the rear O2 plug and drove it around for a while -- no change in front AFR or end results (highway CEL) but did end up eventually getting a check for the rear O2 being gone.

The problem seems to be getting worse. I'm leaning more towards a defective sensor. It's starting to duplicate this behavior off-highway now.

I Support ClubWRX
    I read the thread on NASIOC. You need to fix the exhaust leak first and go from there.
    Last edited by Donkey; 12-03-2012 at 04:46 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S