AC air is hott as balls

This is a discussion on AC air is hott as balls within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; No, i didn't forget to push the green AC button lol. The compressor is working because I can watch is ...

AC air is hott as balls

No, i didn't forget to push the green AC button lol. The compressor is working because I can watch is turn from under the hood, so that's not the problem.

Yesterday I tried to recharge it by putting new freon into it. It was going all good until about 3 minutes in when I starting noticing a white smoke coming out from somewhere under the turbo. I'm assuming this smoke was freon and that there's a leak somewhere.

As you might've guessed, the AC still doesn't blow cold. I really don't want to pay to have this fixed. I read that if the leak is in the evaporator it will be harder to fix since you have to get under the dash but ill do it!! haha

Have any of you guys fixed a problem like this before? i heard of someone putting jb weld in there, but i don't know if that real worked..? I also read you can put dye in to find the spot where it leaks, but then what do you use to patch it; or do you have to buy new lines?

thanks guys
    no longer lookn to buy 1 hahaha.. got a sexy blue 02 WRX now!!!
    baby mod list:
    stage 1 flash, 1$ boost gauge pod, K&N filter, forge BOV, "headlight mod" (blacked out bezel), painted stock rims(black), silencer delete, disabled DRLs, Fog light mod, hella horns, sti scoop, sti wing!
    what she said after riding in the rex: "sounds like a bus door opening when you shift"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Theres a special dye that can be injected into the system, and be viewed with a uv light and goggles, try going to a local mechanic, most of them have the proper equipment to find a leak.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Theres a special dye that can be injected into the system, and be viewed with a uv light and goggles, try going to a local mechanic, most of them have the proper equipment to find a leak.
    Special dye.. Wooord. thanks man..

So does anyone know what they do with it after they find the spot where it leaks?
    no longer lookn to buy 1 hahaha.. got a sexy blue 02 WRX now!!!
    baby mod list:
    stage 1 flash, 1$ boost gauge pod, K&N filter, forge BOV, "headlight mod" (blacked out bezel), painted stock rims(black), silencer delete, disabled DRLs, Fog light mod, hella horns, sti scoop, sti wing!
    what she said after riding in the rex: "sounds like a bus door opening when you shift"

Could be a low costing hose, or an expensive part like the condensor, depends where the leak is from.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2