$$$$$$Amsoil$$$$$$$
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on $$$$$$Amsoil$$$$$$$ within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So Last week I bought the year preferred buyer thing from Amsoil. Hope this topic belongs here. Let me first ...

$$$$$$Amsoil$$$$$$$

So Last week I bought the year preferred buyer thing from Amsoil. Hope this topic belongs here. Let me first start off by saying, wow their customer service sucks. Took 8 working days to arrive, and I'm 185 miles from the Warehouse.

First impressions - WRX, less engine noise and honestly a smoother idle. Also sounds crazy but from my logs, my ECT's are down 2Degress F at 60mph with cruise control on. And it is actually warmer out now, then when previously logged. On the same road, with the same load, even weighed the beast in and it weighed within 5lbs of the previous weigh in.

For the money... EHH... I will let you know in 5k or 10k whenever I decided to change it. I'm going to send a sample of my old M1 and Amsoil at the same time, M1 with 5k on it and Amsoil with 5k on it. I honestly think the response of the engine is a bit better (nothing to brag about or notice).

First Impressions - H22 Civic. WOW.. Simply amazing. Going from M1 10w30 to Amsoil 10w30 was night and day. The temps are actually up, or the gauge says so, but the response of the engine is very noticable. Engine noise was cut down considerably. All and all I do believe I will stick with it, plus I get it $.50 a quart cheaper than M1 now

I also spoke with Aaron at Pure Tuning in Toledo (think so) OH today, he was shipping out my Hondata S300 for the H22, and they just recently did a test between Emos vs. M1 in a K20. The results were pretty outstanding, and under high heat (back to back runs on the dyno, second of which with the hood closed and only a fan for the radiator) the K20 made 2.0whp throughout the powerband and peaked at I think 7whp over the M1. Don't know how that pertains to Amsoil, but proves that M1 does suck. And correct me if I'm wrong on the name, Emos, I had never heard of it until today.

Anyone else running Amsoil and have any thoughts on it? Long term results? With 85k am I too late?

Sorry if it was a long dragging thread I just wanted to type it out, because anyone I told around here wouldn't have enough attention to care.
    Bugeye Mafia #157
    18g + 205 + E = 12.07@116

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i just bought a 2002 wrx and the previous owner used nothing but amsoil. he even gave me 5 qts to do another change in the future. my wrx has 42k miles on it and it seems to run beautifully (minus an AC problem that i whine about on another thread), although admittedly i have no basis for comparison.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.