06 WRX Key Duplication Cost

This is a discussion on 06 WRX Key Duplication Cost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my new ride has one problem, I only got 1 key from the dealer... only one! I know they ...

06 WRX Key Duplication Cost

So my new ride has one problem, I only got 1 key from the dealer... only one! I know they are of the fancy chip variety, and the fellas at home depot can't help me. The dealer should get me a second one, but what am I looking at if they don't?

thanks,
    Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RNoks View Post
    So my new ride has one problem, I only got 1 key from the dealer... only one! I know they are of the fancy chip variety, and the fellas at home depot can't help me. The dealer should get me a second one, but what am I looking at if they don't?

thanks,
    Ryan
    05+ are dealer only tied to the ECU. You are looking at purchasing a new key from the dealer and having them program it to the ecu.

Similar to lexus and others. My bro-in-law lost both his keys in his Lexus IS300 and they had to Replace the ECU and get him 2 new keys. (couldn't program to the ECU without one existing key and fob for some reason) Cost him a bloomin fortune.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE