question on my used car warranty

This is a discussion on question on my used car warranty within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have a 60 day warranty on my car and I just wanted to get anything I noticed taken ...

question on my used car warranty

So I have a 60 day warranty on my car and I just wanted to get anything I noticed taken care of before it runs out. I noticed theres oil leaking up by the oil filter when I took the silencer out tonight. My question is, do the used car warranty's usually cover things like this or not? and secondly, I got the subaru plastic piece to plug the hole in the fender where the snorkel meets the ram air intake and I took the ram air intake out. Do you guys think if I take it to them even if they do cover whatever it is thats leaking, that they'll notice that the intake isn't there and try and say they won't cover whatever's leaking because I voided the 60 day warranty? this is in addition to cobb stage 1 which I can always revert back to stock, which is yet another thing I wanted to know if theyll find out about. Ive never had a car with a warranty/dealt with dealerships in my life and this dealer is almost 2 hours away in Connecticut. I figured some of you might have had experience to let me know if its even going to be worth the drive, since they might just deny any work.

This can all be put back to stock which would be a PITA, but I can do it if I have to. Sorry for the semi lengthy post.
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Only you can really answer that, sorry; the terms of the warranty are in your possession. Read any paperwork that came with the warranty carefully and see what the terms are.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

yeah unfortunately the paperwork I have doesnt really state much. I think I'm just going to take a look at the time of oil change and see where its leaking from. Is there an oil filter pedestal gasket on these cars?
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

I Support ClubWRX
    The oil filter sits on an oil cooler of sorts -- there's also an outlet for an external cooler unit. Both are potential sources for leaks. The simplest answer is a leaky filter actually, and hopefully it'll just be that. Good luck.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I've had great luck with warranty issues with a independent subaru mechanic. They seem to have sympathy with sube issues.